USING THE INTERNET CONNECTION WIZARD
1. Open the My Computer folder from your desktop and select (double-click) the Dial-Up Networking icon
2. Select (double-click) the Make a New Connection icon
3. Give the new connection a meaningful name by typing it in the appropriate field
4. Click the Configure button to check the settings for your modem. Usually the default settings will be the best, so you will probably not need to change the General modem settings.
5. Next check the Connection tab to set the data preferences.
6. Again, the default settings will usually be correct, but if your dial-up ISP has any specific instructions for data bits and parity checking, here is the place to make the changes required.
7. The only Option setting that you might be concerned with is the Display Modem Status selection to allow you to see the status of your connection when you dial into the ISP.
8. The system will now ask you to provide the dial-up telephone number that your ISP shows for your area. Be sure to include the area code. Type the number in as shown below, then click Next
9. You will now see the new connection, with the name you assigned it (in this case it is My Connection) in your My Computer screen from now on. To use it, simply double click the icon.
10. Now, to use this connection, you will need to type in the User Name and Password as supplied by your ISP. Then, click Connect to begin the dialing sequence.
The modem will activate and dial the number connecting you to the ISP. The system will provide the Username and Password when asked and you will (assuming you have performed these steps correctly) be connected to the Internet!